The Works of William Law
William Law (1686-1761) was an English writer and mystic who challenged Christians to return to a holy life and a fervent faith. His writings have impacted countless others, including John Wesley and, more recently, Andrew Murray.
This special edition begins with a short introduction to Law’s life and includes the FULL TEXT of all 17 of his known works:
• A Serious Call To A Devout And Holy Life
• The Spirit of Prayer
• The Spirit of Love
• The Way to Divine Knowledge
• An Humble, Earnest and Affectionate Address to the Clergy (also published by Andrew Murray as “The Power of the Spirit”)
• A Treatise on Christian Perfection
• An Earnest and Serious Answer to Dr Trapp’s Discourse
• An Appeal to All that Doubt
• Of Justification by Faith and Works – Dialogue Between a Methodist and a Churchman
• On the Lord’s Supper
• The Grounds and Reasons of Christian Regeneration
• A Collection of Letters
• Letters to a Lady Inclined to Enter The Church of Rome
• Three Letters to the Bishop of Bangor
• The Absolute Unlawfulness of Stage-Entertainment
• Remarks Upon ‘The Fable of the Bees’
• A Short But Sufficient Confutation of the Rev Warburton
Wesley stated that his ‘Serious Account To A Devout And Holy Life’ was “a treatise which will hardly be excelled, if it be equalled, either for beauty of expression or for depth of thought.”
The famous devotional writer, Andrew Murray said, regarding Law’s Address To The Clergy, “I do not know where to find anywhere else the same clear and powerful statement of the truth which the Church needs at the present day.”
William Law’s work “A SERIOUS CALL TO A DEVOUT AND HOLY LIFE” also available in:
|TITLE:||THE HOLINESS COLLECTION (7-in-1)
|CATEGORY:||THEOLOGY, CHRISTIAN LIVING
This fantastic compilation brings together some of the greatest classics on HOLINESS in Christian life and ministry. Learn the secret of walking in God’s presence and power from those whose writings have stirred and challenged countless Christians throughout history.
The Top 7 Classics on HOLINESS contains the full texts of:
• Purity of Heart – by William Booth (1902), 10 chapters.
• Heart Talks on Holiness – by Samuel Logan Brengle (1897), 27 chapters.
• Holiness: Its Nature, Hindrances, Difficulties, and Roots – by J. C. Ryle (1879), 21 chapters.
• God’s Way of Holiness – by Horatius Bonar (1864), 9 chapters.
• A Plain Account of Christian Perfection – by John Wesley (1777), entire book.
• A Serious Call to a Devout and Holy Life – by William Law (1729), 24 chapters.
• The Rules and Exercises of Holy Living – by Jeremy Taylor (1650), 27 sections.
If you enjoy WILLIAM LAW, you may also enjoy these classic works:
THE LIFE AND WORKS OF ANDREW MURRAY (50-in-1)
THE WORKS OF G. CAMPBELL MORGAN, Vol 1 (25-in-1)